Sign inEnter your member name and password tosign in to your Word of Life account.
Incorrect username or password provided!
WOL Insider BenefitsBy creating an account on Word of Life you can easily access the following:
• Teacher Source
Register new account
Word of Life is excited to have a ministry whose purpose is to bring the Gospel to people "where they are" in public places, where they shop, work, play, and live: Open Air Evangelism (OAE). Sam Frey leads this ministry for Word of Life, and God has used Sam in incredible ways. Through paint boards, rope tricks, and other visualizations, people in urban America are challenged to consider the claims of Christ.
Who is involved in the OAE ministry?
OAE is facilitated by full-time, Word of Life missionaries exclusively dedicated to Open Air Evangelism. The staff is as follows (children in brackets):
- Abel & Connie Bernardo (Dwight, Paulyn, Camille) - Serving in Manila, Philippines
- Del & MaryAnn Benner - New York
- Sam & Sherry Frey (Shawn, Sara, Steven) - New York
- Jim & Julie Harvey (Rosemary, Uriah, Gabrielle) - New York
- Also, about 75 churches, and between 150-200 Word of Life Bible Institute students are a part of this exciting work.
What are some of the goals for OAE this upcoming year?
- To be consistent in working hand-in-hand with NYC churches to encourage and train their assemblies in the area of evangelism/ discipleship.
- To directly and indirectly disciple new converts as we work through local churches, personal involvement, and our Bible correspondence lessons.
- To establish and commit to working with new church and individual contacts worldwide for the furtherance of the Gospel.
- To seek and utilize new means of spreading the Gospel efficiently.
What are some prayer requests?
- For the salvation of the lost, and growth of Believers.
- For God's blessing and power to do His work His way.
- For protection and provision over our families and ministries.
- For needed financial and prayer support, especially for our new staff to be able to phase in to a full-time schedule.